Qualified, ambitious Assistant Farm Manager sought for country estate in rural East Suffolk. Sotterley Estate, near Beccles, extends to 1,600ha. 950ha is farmed in hand, with a further 150ha under a contract farming agreement.
Productive Beccles series clay dominates the soil type, as well as 120ha of lighter land supporting irrigated crops, served by a 90,000m3 reservoir. A 12m Controlled Traffic Farming System is employed to improve soil structure and gain efficiency.
This role offers an excellent opportunity for a passionate professional to progress within the industry.
Reporting to the Estate Director you will;
· Maintain a positive and proactive approach to Health and Safety at all times.
· Be a highly skilled hands on operator capable of completing all tasks required as and when the need arises.
· Drive forward the farming enterprise on the Estate, leading from the front whilst remaining respectful to the long serving team.
· Achieve high standards at all times through attention to detail and timeliness.
· Be prepared to bring forward new ideas and strategy for the business, attend appropriate events to gather information andpromote the Estate.
· Liaise with the farm’s agronomist to prepare spray recommendations based on information gathered on the ground.
· Ensure compliance standards are met.
· Be BASIS & FACTS qualified, although training will be offered to exceptional candidates.
In return a competitive remuneration package will be offered alongside structured personal development. Housing will be available along witha farm vehicle.
To apply in confidence please send a CV with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.